Shopkeeper Tools' Gift Card Scheduler lets you add the ability for gift givers (the person who buy gift cards from your store) send a separate email to the recipient of the gift card at any time in the next 365 days or right away.
- Customers (gift givers) still place their order as normal. Due to privacy and security issues, we do not collect the recipient email address until after the order is placed.
- Once the order is paid for and released, the gift giver will receive a Shopify email notification saying the gift card is now active (a sample of this email is shown above). This email contains a link for them to click to arrange for the card to be sent directly to the recipient.
- After clicking this, users can select their time zone and the date and time they want the the gift card to be sent. We support any time zone and cards can be scheduled up to 365 days in advance at :00, :15, :30 or :45 past the hour.
- Alternatively, customers can select the gift card to be sent immediately.
- When the time for the recipient to receive the gift card arrives, our system sends them a separate email with a direct link to the gift card that they can use to view the card, card number and other information (including the personal note and sender's name if entered).
A few additional notes about the timing of gift cards:
- We cannot guarantee a gift card will arrive at exactly the time you select, but it is done within minutes of the time selected.
- Also note that there may be issues with email routing that could further delay delivery of the gift card. This is outside of Shopkeeper Tools' control.
- Similarly, if a gift giver requests a card to be sent immediately, this is typically done within 5 minutes and email routing can sometimes delay it further. However, most gift cards will be delivered within 15 minutes of scheduling at the most.