Please note that when ordering a branded design, there are limits on what can be changed. These limits apply to both designs we create and ones you design.
The images below show the elements we can change, as well as information about each one.
- This "greeting card" style image with the red background and white ribbon in this example can be completely customized. All text in this area must be embedded in an image file. There is also typically a shadow around the card to help it stand out, but we can remove this or change it to a solid border. We can use any fonts you'd like on the "cover." We have access to Adobe Fonts and Google Fonts, but if you need one not included in any of these collections, you can send us the file and we'll use it design your card.
- By default we include this "tab" to give users a visual hint on where to click, but we can remove it if you don't want it. We can also make limited customizations to it, such as making it a different color or size.
- The "Open" text's font can be changed. We can also remove the animation or remove it entirely.
- The background, which is shown as a solid gray here, can be completely customized. Because it is used in a variety of screen sizes, we recommend using patterns, solid colors or images without a focal point because any part of it could be cropped. Because of this, we do not recommend any text (unless it's purely decorative). If we're doing your design, we'll take care of designing an image with these considerations unless you request otherwise.
- This is the same background as on the previous image. It cannot be different when the card is opened. We also cannot change the animation used when the card opens.
- We can change the font the personal information uses. However, we advise using Google Fonts. We can also integrate with Adobe Fonts (TypeKit) but support for other webfont services varies. Read more here.
- This can be your store name or logo.
- This "card" image can include any text or imagery you'd like (including non-webfonts). We typically keep the main design elements in approximately the top two thirds to avoid having the value hide anything important. We can remove the rounded corners on the card or value and change the value font to any webfont.
- This text can be displayed in any webfont. We can also hide elements if you don't want them, though we typically recommend showing the gift card code and the terms and conditions, privacy and print links.
What we cannot change
- We cannot change the basic structure of the gift card, including the animation. This includes moving elements around or changing the layout.
- This also means we cannot change the shape, dimensions, proportions or aspect ratios.
- We cannot use different images in mobile vs. desktop views. We also do not change font sizes on mobile vs. desktop.
- It's important to be aware that while many of these elements can be controlled by CSS and we do have limited control over it, we do not support more advanced customizations because they can often interfere with the responsive breakpoints and other elements unless they are fully reviewed and tested, and this service is beyond the scope of what we offer.